The Panzers Roll....
The tanks prepare for action. The fuel tanks topped off and the ammo loaded. The commanders confer one final time to review the battle plan. They await your orders.
As the fog clears, your beleaguered battle group once again moves into position to cover the retreating infantry. It is their only possible escape route. Failure is not an option – it never is. Your ranks have thinned since your first days on the Eastern Front. Those once halcyon times have now come and gone. The objective is simple. It is just a matter of holding the line until the reinforcements arrive.
The sharp report of a tank gun to your right quickly focuses your attention back to the situation at hand. The enemy is quickly advancing. You order the flank element to engage, all the while keeping a sharp eye peeled to the left thinking this is just another diversionary feint.
Again, your suspicions are correct. Their main force just broke over the rise on your left. You order the main body forward. The engines rumble, the guns crack, and explosions erupt. Your forces will once more carry the day!
Panzer Major Points
- Game system designed for small unit actions from platoon to battalion-sized formations
- Vehicles, towed guns, and aircraft are scaled at 1:1 with each 7/8” double-sided counter representing a single unit
- The 5/8” double-sided leg unit counters are scaled at squads, half-squads, and sections, including their attached weapons
- Ground scale is 100 meters per hex
- Comprehensive yet quick to play
- Basic set includes a 22” x 34” mapboard
- Expansion sets include multiple double-sided geomorphic mapboards
- Full color illustrated manual with various player aids and reference cards
- Modular rules system with Basic, Advanced, and Optional rules section. Players may keep it simple or as complex as desired.
- Includes rules for:
- Vehicle include 11 unique hit locations, armor angles, and penetration charts for level, rising, and falling fire
- Various ammunition type, e.g., AP, HVAP, APCR, HEAT, HE
- Sighting Effects
- Overwatch fire
- Indirect fire, both on gameboard and off gameboard
- Hand-to-hand combat
- Close assault
- Troop quality
- Command control
- Unit cohesion
- Smoke Effects
- Air-to-ground and anti-aircraft combat
- Includes rules for:
- All of the unit data is included on the full-color data cards.
- The streamlined chit-based command system moves the action along at a brisk pace
- Scenario and TO&E Reference Book
- The add-on modules expand the game from the basic set.
- Covers the major theaters of WWII including the:
- Eastern Front
- Western Front
- North Africa