The snows are alive. A soft, cold spirit courses through them. Her lace threads the world; watching, drinking, listening, stroking, soothing, killing. Her touch is soft and icy. She is Winterwhite, the daughter of the Waterdrinker and the Northwind, and she is a terrible god. An avatar of ice and hunger, of visions and death.
Dooms and devastations to visit upon a cosy roleplaying setting.
Longwinter is the RPG sandbox of a realm that has broken its vows to Winterwhite and will now pay the cold price.
This book contains secret knowledge and mechanics for the referee.
This sandbox includes:
- ~110 pages of content.
- some colour illustrations.
- 3 variations of the Brezim map to represent changes as Winterwhite's curse bites harder.
- faction trackers for the 5 key factions and over 40 events to represent different groups growing or waning in strength depending on player actions.
- detailed weather and event tables to simulate a living setting.
- detailed encounter tables for night and day, which grow harsher as Winterwhite's curse grows stronger.
- several more tables to generate corpses, caches, vaults, and memories of summer.
- optional playing card-based escape mechanic with 54 different locations, challenges and characters encountered in each location.
- alternatively, the escape section serves as a resource to mine for winter locations, challenges, and characters.
- This is a book of factions and winter encounters for the full-fledged mini-setting detailed in the Longwinter: Visitor's Book.
- The content is mostly system-neutral. It references some 5E or d20-style conventions, but should work with most low-power systems easily.
- Many of the encounters, and particularly the escape, will not work with characters resistant to cold, capable of flight, or otherwise able to avoid the environmental challenges.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.